Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Love is like a roller coaster...?

I am writing on here for once in a delightful mood. I spent a long weekend with Sinae last weekend and I think our relationship grew by leaps and bounds because of it. We were together from Thursday evening through Sunday evening. That was well worth the time. There were, of course, a few disagreements or misunderstandings here and there, but it was all worth it in the end.

I think one of the greatest lessons I learned about her is that she is a keeper and very strong in the loyalty category. This makes me want to love her and treat her well. I have shocked her with a lot of things and, while she was disturbed at the time I told her, she was okay after a little alone time. It seems apparent to both of us that we are good for each other and that we are changing and growing in positive ways. We are even able to have some really interesting conversations in spite of the language, cultural and gender barriers.

I think that as a direct result of my relationship with her I am learning to love Koreans more and more. One book I read about Korean culture said that foreigners have a love-hate relationship with Korea I am finding that I have more of a love than a hate relationship with Korea. But I guess I better be cautious about my optimism since the semester just started.

I'm also glad to know that there are anonymous readers out there who don't leave comments. I learned from one student that he goes to my blog from time to time but only looks at the pictures because my entries are so long. Thanks for following me and I hope you'll leave a comment some day.

My computer battery is getting low and so is my own.

2 comments:

Alison Weinstock said...

I still read your long posts. :) Glad to hear your relationship is strengthening.
~Alison

Brent Dirks said...

Thanks for reading. I'm glad you still have time to read those long posts.

I'm glad our relationship is strengthening, too. This is the most exciting relationship I've ever been in.:)