Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Mom's Finally Home

Well, they finally gave Mom the clearance to go home. We regretted her not eating dinner at the hospital. We were waiting for the nurse to give her the orders to go home and the nurse was waiting for Dad to come to the hospital. He was waiting for the hospital to call him to tell him they were ready for the orders. Then he was aggravated because I didn't call him when I got there but I didn't know they were ready for Mom to go home. We found out they were ready because a friend of my mom's went to ask the nurse to give her instructions. Dad thought he would get there in time that the nurse wouldn't have to go over it again. Anyway, we got Mom home and I made her a quasi-satisfactory meal.

Mom slept in my bed, being worried that Dad might accidentally bump her stomach and she slept surprisingly well. I guess we don't have as many noises here as the hospital. I was surprised I slept as well as I did in a room where I can't open the window.

Mom still has a long road ahead of her but it seems that she has started the next chapter of her recovery. She is tired of dragging her wound vac around so she will be glad when she doesn't need that anymore.

I hope all is well with you. I have two more days in America and then I am leaving for South Korea early on Thursday morning.

God's Shalom!

No comments: