Tuesday, August 31, 2010

On the rocks...

Last night a conversation with Sinae went south very fast. My advice to you is never to be online when someone else you are in a significant relationship with is also online without planning to meet first, especially when it is getting late. That is what I did and I am currently seeing how this relationship might be salvagable (And I'm not sure that's a word either). I don't know what to say here that can be said on a blog.

I guess I'll share my thoughts about what is going through my head. We have been in a relationship for almost 9 months. In fact, this Sunday is her birthday AND our 9 month anniversary if it is possible to call it that when dating someone for less than a year. During that time we've had a lot of ups and downs. I've shocked her with a lot of things she's never heard a guy tell her before or perhaps it was new information and she has been really good about working through that information until now.

Until now...we are waiting to see where our relationship will go from here. I'm currently waiting for her text message in response to the shotmail I sent her. Whatever happens, I wouldn't trade the last 9 months (almost) that I have had with her for all the money in the world. She has taught me so much and has instilled good values in me which I hope I will continue for a long time. Some of these are the importance of going to church, even if you don't always get something out of it, read as many books as you can, and don't forget to take some time to yourself. That also means you don't have to tell the other person everything you're thinking. Unfortunately, I may have learned that lesson a day late and a dollar short.

I hope you'll wait, and pray, with us as we try to figure out what the best decision is for us as persons who are very different as well as a couple who may or may not be able to do greater things than we could do by ourselves.

And I hope I haven't violated any kind of confidentiality this morning. Thanks for your prayers.

No comments: