Thursday, August 26, 2010

Feed my lambs...isn't it obvious?

This has been an exciting week, full of jet lag and drama. On Monday, I drove myself crazy waiting for Sinae to respond to my long text message. Somehow it seems to have gotten lost in cyberspace since I apparently didn't receive it. Then on Tuesday, I managed to keep myself busier by going to have lunch with a couple friends who work at NGOs in the same office. I had some problems finding the right place and I get a second chance to look around tomorrow. I thought I was going to stay up late tonight but I think I better just get some sleep and start again tomorrow so I can follow the bus signs.

I was excited on Tuesday because I made arrangements to start teaching underprivileged children English at an NGO everyday Monday through Wednesday and perhaps also to teach NGO staff on Thursday nights. I'm kind of waiting to see if Sinae and I work through things overnight and through the weekend. Our lesson for this week is that I like to have open conversations about different possibilities and she likes to think about things on her own and make a decision on her own.

It seems that we've hit a speed bump regarding my desire to help those who can't help themselves. I guess this is a conviction that I take for granted, figuring that most if not all Christians have that same desire. This seems to be difficult for at least some Korean women to accept. Perhaps it is difficult for women, or perhaps just people in general, of all nationalities. And in my case, this is one of those things that is important for me that the other person at least accept, regardless of whether or not she engages in that kind of work herself. I guess we just have to take time to think this through.

I'm sure there is some stuff missing but I'm so tired that I think I'll go to bed and start again in the morning. Hopefully I can finish everything necessary for preparing for classes this week.

I hope you can follow my rambled thoughts, and if so, please help me.:)

No comments: