Saturday, April 25, 2009

Poor Time Management

Today was another unproductive Saturday. Well, in the end it was productive but I sure could’ve done a lot more things today than I ended up doing. I stayed in my apartment all day today. I intended to spend four hours preparing for my class on Tuesday and another four hours preparing for my class on Thursday and another few hours preparing for my class on Friday. But as it turned out, I found other things to do that seemed more appealing. And now I have two of the three things done. I need to figure out what to do on days like today. It seems that I don’t have much drive to prepare for classes. I have heard it said that insanity is when you do the same thing and get the same results over and over again. I think I messed up that quote but you get the idea, right?

About the only thing I did today to intentionally relax was watching a Korean movie. This was quite meaningful. It is called, “Jung Cheon” (중천) which means The Mid-Heaven. This might be the first Korean action movie I have seen. I was able to pick up a few words but not most of it so thank goodness for English subtitles. I won’t tell you how it ends in case you want to watch it. It’s a good movie for those of us who can’t understand Korean because there is less speaking than the romance movies I have seen. I have two more movies to watch and then I will have seen every movie once. Then it is time to start over again. I’m hoping to learn Korean little by little as I watch these. I recommend these to people who need something to help them work through the drama of life (well they help me anyway).

I’m embarassed that I haven’t studied Korean today or yesterday. As you can see, I tend to waste a lot of time procrastinating which contributes to my feeling of not being fulfilled. This has been a decent day, but a day filled with recovering from regret.

No comments: