Friday, December 30, 2011

Still Trying to Grow

I continued my quest to grow through Cognitive Therapy by making files via the computer to use for sorting through my numerous negative thoughts. I'm hoping this will help me not just think about myself more positively but that it will also improve my quality of life by changing my behavior. I think today may have been a good start. I was with my wife all day today and we both seemed to enjoy each others' company. We were also doing different things though we were in each others' presence all day. Cognitive therapy is the beginning. I hope that during this vacation, and in the New Year, that I will find a renewed experience with God and that God will find me and renew me in a way I haven't known for a long time. However, regardless of what happens, I aim to continue my pursuit of truth in all facets, and I hope you'll join me whoever you are and wherever you are. I'll also try to be honest about what I am experiencing. Perhaps we can start the year fresh, together, as one people seeking for truth and finding it in the numerous ways that God reveals Godself to us.

6 comments:

Oldman said...

I've found your writings to be very honest and sincere.

It would've been hard for me to be that much honest when I talk about my inner thoughts and my faith.

I admire your effort. Have a wonderful new year!

Brent Dirks said...

Thanks for your comment. I don't happen to know you, do I?

Oldman said...

Nope. I just have stumbled upon your blog.

When you have your blog open to the public in the world of internet and have a section for comment for the visitors, you are implying that you are gladly inviting readers' comments. That's exactly what I did.

Please change your settings to "un-public" and "comment blocked" if you wish to keep it to yourself. ^^

Brent Dirks said...

I'm sorry for implying that your comment wasn't welcomed. I'm glad to know that people are reading my blog, and that even people I don't know are reading my blog. I hope you will continue to post comments and share my thoughts with your friends as you see fit.

Oldman said...

Thanks for your response!

Not only I am visiting your blog and but also have become a follower. Currently enjoying your postings.

Brent Dirks said...

Cool. I'll look forward to your comments. Thanks for following.