Saturday, October 22, 2016

A Fundraiser For An Individual

I am writing this post long after I should have. You see, I'm trying to raise money for a friend who is studying at the university where I teach and lead an international ministry. He is somewhat involved in that ministry. He received the dreaded news that his father had passed away without being able to say goodbye to his dad. I thought we'd have more time to raise money but it turns out that his family has changed the funeral date without much consent from him and the difficulties of him buying a ticket previously and having to pay $80 to change his flight ticket. On top of that, he has the burden of paying for the funeral costs. We are trying to raise money for him and cannot do it without your help. I know the dilemmas of donating. We always wonder where our money is going and whether or not it is a scam. Believe me, I've been reticent to give in the past, myself. But I believe he is worth the risk. This may sound like a scam but it is not. He's just in a less than ideal situation and needs our help. If you are inclined to give, please visit this website. https://www.crowdrise.com/flight-home-to-attend-dads-funeral-and-family-contribution/fundraiser/brentdirks And if you are not, please pray that God will incline others to give so he can be with his family during this time burden-free. Thanks!

No comments: